1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).
2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
3. Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
4. Requires excessive admiration.
5. Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.
6. Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.
7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.
9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes .
For many years David Schirmer has been in the business of using his smooth talking ways to convince people of his "Expertise" in a number of areas, to get them to part with their money and in the process not fulfilling the promises that he made. In the end he not only hurt a lot of people financially, but even worse than that is the emotional trauma that is inflicted. He then used a lot of intimidatory and bully tactics to shut those people up. Well, that worked while ever he was an unknown conman, but the minute he came to prominence, thanks to "The Secret", his past sins, that he thought were buried, are slowly coming to life. In Schirmers response to Ben Fordhams question "You know there are skeletons in the closet David?", to which his response was "Oh, absolutely....".
This is not really about "The Secret", but it is about making Schirmeraccountable,something he doesn't believe he needs to be. I read on a web site where he was talking about his "Expertise around money", yet the "A Current Affair" interviews show how little he understands this subject. It is also obvious from the interviews that he treats other peoples money as if it is his own, and that is undoubtedly a sure way of meeting disaster.
All comments are welcome, and any other links or forums can be added to this blog and will be put on the www.schirmerexposed.co.nr web site.